The Meddrecord is a new idea: an ”Integrated medical record" or IMR. It records everything about a person - you - every symptom and diagnosis as they happen, so you never have to repeat yourself to a doctor. Wherever you are in the world your most important information is available securely and confidentially when you need it. Video, voice and image technology
MeddRecord with MeddCard
The MeddCARD gives full access to a MeddRECORD. TheMeddCARD has a unique number and barcode on it that links with a person. This card has no data on it, so if thecard is lost nothing can be seen.
- A Meddcard is allocated which has a unique number registeredfor that person!
- The number can be read by barcode on the back! Is a dumb card which means that there is no chip in it so you do not have to buy a card reader!
- This makes it cheap to replace!
- There is no data on the card so if it is lost nothing can be seen
In an emergency!
If a person is found unconscious a MeddCARD scan can help doctors to give life saving treatment
What this means to a person!
Meddrecord security & confidentiality:The MeddRECORD has to be secure and completely confidential.This trust cannot be broken. The information about you is yoursand you need it wherever you are, but only the people lookingafter you need to see it.The doctor looking after your symptoms has ‘professionalresponsibility’ or ‘duty of care’.However, if you are found unconscious you need to be cared forand if a doctor refers you to another doctor then that seconddoctor needs to be able to see your Meddrecord.Registered healthcare professional – this is usually the familydoctor who you register with. This registered doctor is able to viewyour Meddrecord for your care. You can register healthcareprofessionals to look after you.Duty of care – if you are booked into a clinic, then that doctor islogged to you for a ‘duty of care’. If that doctor refers you toanother doctor e.g. your family doctor refers you to a specialist,then the ‘duty of care’ is ‘tracked’ and allows that specialist to viewyour Meddrecord for your care.“Ownership” of data - your health information is jointly owned byyou and the doctors who have cared for you:a) you – because it is your health informationb) the doctor – because the doctor needs to know howhe/she is performing to ensure that they look after patientsto the highest standardsUsed in clinics and hospitals - no information is ever sentoutside your Meddrecord. No email, no downloading, nothing.Loss of information is not possible with everyone in your careupdating your single Meddrecord.
- The MeddCARD can be carried to access a MeddRECORD!
- The barcode on the MeddCARD can be scanned by a doctor’s receptionist to find your MeddRECORD straight away!
- By scanning the MeddCARD barcode you can be checked every time you have healthcare making sure you do not have the wrong medications reducing many errors!
- A MeddCARD scan knows your allergies to avoid these!
- A person can log onto their own MeddRECORD from home